Monday, January 7, 2013

Buttermilk Biscuits

I often find myself re-pinning recipes for breads and rolls on Pinterest. The sad part is that after I actually follow the link 99% of them require yeast and time to rise which is not something I really care to worry about and I end up deleting them. This weekend I found a recipe for some buttermilk biscuits that required nothing but mixing ingredients and putting them in the oven and they were AMAZING!

I used the recipe from The Country Cook

So Here it goes... 

Preheat the oven to 450

Melt 1 stick of butter and pour into a sprayed 8in square baking dish

In a separate bowl mix
  • 2 1/2 C - all purpose flour
  • 4 tsp - sugar
  • 4 tsp - baking powder 
  • 2 tsp - salt 
Once mixed add
  • 1 3/4 C - buttermilk 
Mix together until a dough forms (do not over mix). It will be VERY sticky! 
Using your fingers spread into the baking dish allowing some of the butter to come up over the top of the dough. Take a sharp knife and divide the dough into serving sizes (we did 9 squares). 

Cook for 24 minutes, rotating the baking dish at the 1/2 way mark. 

These were great! The texture was comparable to Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits. In fact, Matt and I both agree that our next attempt will include the addition of some spices and cheddar cheese to see if we can replicate Red Lobster with this recipe! Another successful experiment! 

<3 The Boilers MJK




No comments:

Post a Comment