Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Potato Soup

I already posted about this recipe on Facebook but I HAVE to share this on here. It was one of the most incredible recipes I have made! It makes a large amount for just two people but it freezes REALLY well so it's great for any size family! This slow cooker potato soup was a big hit!

I adapted my recipe from Worthy Of The Prize Blog

I'm sorry there aren't more pictures but I PROMISE it is worth it!!



1 (30oz) - bag of square southern style hash-brown frozen potatoes
2 (14oz) - cans of chicken broth
1 (10.75oz) - can cream of chicken soup
1/2 C - chopped onion (white or yellow)
1/2 tsp - ground black pepper
1 (8oz) - package of cream cheese

Garnish:
4 - green onions minced
1lb - bacon, cooked and course chopped (I used SUPER thick cut)
Shredded cheddar cheese

1. Combine potatoes, broth, soup, onion and pepper in slow cooker

2. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours

3. Stir in cream cheese, cook for an additional 30 minutes, and stir regularly

4. Before serving, incorporate chopped bacon and serve topped with green onion and cheddar

I CANNOT WAIT to make this recipe again. It was SO easy and incredibly delicious! I even froze our leftovers and reheated them in the microwave a few weeks later and it was just as delicious! Hope this recipe brings some warmth to your homes during the winter season!

<3 The Boilers MJK


1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious....you are now required to bring this soup at Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete