Thursday, January 10, 2013

Easy Chicken Tacos

As much as I love to cook there are still nights that I am just not in the mood to put forth much effort. One of my go-to meals for nights like these is rotisserie chicken tacos. They are so easy and delicious!

Rotisserie Chicken Tacos

Breakdown 1 rotisserie chicken - I always have Matt do this because I'm not big on things with bones still in them. But you can just use your hands.

Place your desired amount of chicken in a skillet

Use taco seasoning as you would with ground beef. **The only difference is that you will likely need ~2X as much seasoning and water** I also recommend purchasing your taco seasoning in bulk so that you can use as much or little as you like. We are big on spice in our house so I like LOTS of taco seasoning.

Your meat should look something like this. 

Bring the mixture to a boil, mixing regularly. You want to make sure that you get the chicken nice and tender and so the flavor is fully incorporated into the chicken.

Serve with shells, lettuce, sour cream, cheese, taco sauce, hot sauce, and salsa. (or whatever you like)


I just think this is a great alternative to the traditional ground beef and a perfect easy recipe for to help wrap up a busy day with a great meal and a little effort. Hope you enjoy.

<3 The Boilers MJK


No comments:

Post a Comment