Friday, January 11, 2013

Cheddar Biscuits & Garlic Shrimp

Tonight I made two great recipes. A variation on the Buttermilk Biscuits posted on Monday and a shrimp recipe that I found in Real Simple Magazine (Online).


Cheddar Biscuits

If you read the previous biscuit post you know that I discussed re-making them in an attempt to replicate Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Tonight I did just that!

I used the exact same recipe for Buttermilk Biscuits but added

1 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Tbs. Dried Oregano

I was pleasantly surprised that these additions didn't change the biscuit quality or baking time. They were incredibly delicious. If you like seasoned breads this is the perfect simple recipe for you!

Left: Plain Biscuits; Right: Cheddar and Oregano Biscuits

Garlic Shrimp Bake

This was one of the easiest recipes I have made in a long time. The flavor was mild but delicious. This recipe was adapted from Real Simple Magazine (Online)

Preheat the oven to 425º F

In your baking dish combine 
4 cloves of minced garlic (Ok, I'll be honest, we LOVE garlic so I probably used 8, hehehe)
2 Tbs white wine (I put in a little more because this didn't cover the bottom of my baking dish)
1 lb raw, peeled, and de-vained shrimp 
salt and pepper to taste 

In a separate bowl combine
1/4 C softened butter
1/2 C panko breadcrumbs (I always recommend the Kikkoman brand)
2 Tbs. parsley (I just used dried because we had it) 

Spread the breadcrumb mixture over the top of the shrimp. It should look something like this. 


Bake 10-12 minutes or until shrimp appear opaque. The final product should look something like this. 


Overall, this was a great recipe. If I were to make it again I would probably serve it over pasta with a white wine or oyster sauce for a little more umph. 

I hope you find the time to try both of these recipes out! Bon Appetite! 


<3 The Boilers MJK









1 comment: