Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sausage Feta Spinach Quiche

I wanted to share another amazing stand-by recipe. I used to always be impressed when people made quiche. It seemed so complicated to make a fluffy pie from eggs. My amazing mother, who is also an incredible cook, found a recipe that has changed my standards of quiche. I honesty have a hard time eating quiche that isn't this one just because it is SO good.

The recipe is adapted from Pilsbury's layered spinach quiche. 

Tips to make your quiche an easier process in the morning. 
1. Brown your sausage the night before 
2. Use pre-made, refrigerated, pie crusts, also from Pilsbury


Recipe 

Pre-heat oven to 350°F

Roll-out pie crust into quiche or pie dish
Take a fork and puncture the bottom of the crust several times
Cook pie crust for 8-12 minutes before pouring in quiche mix

In a large mixing bowl combine

1/2 C. Finely crushed garlic and butter croutons 
1/2 lb. Ground italian sausage (I always use the green bob evans roll) 
1 box. Frozen CHOPPED spinach, thawed and drained
1 C. Shredded cheddar cheese (I have also used mexican blend with good results)
1 C. Crumbled mediterranean or garlic/basil seasoned feta cheese
4 Eggs, beaten (I have made this with only 3 eggs once and it still turned out OK - I would use 4 if you have them tho) 
1 1/2 C. Half-and-half 
1/4 tsp. Salt (if desired)
1/8 tsp. Pepper 

Mix well and pour into the pre-baked pie crust

Bake for 50 minutes and check for done-ness. Remove from oven and let set for 15 minutes before serving. 

I wish I had more pictures to share but I think the recipe alone should be reason enough to try it! I promise you wont be disappointed and everyone will be SO impressed! ENJOY! 

<3 The Boilers MJK


No comments:

Post a Comment