Monday, January 14, 2013

My Esty Wedding (Part 1) - Ceremony

I can't count how many times people have asked me about where I got all the ideas for the custom touches at our wedding. To be honest, most of them came from Etsy. I thought I would share links to the Etsy stores that we worked with to help make our wedding so full of personal touches!

For the first installment I will focus on aspects relating to the wedding ceremony.

1. Pom Poms - Our ceremony space was simply a white box with wooden floors, so in an attempt to help make the altar more defined we used tissue poms. After hanging them there were a few extra so we put some above our sweetheart table in the reception space. Overall, they were so easy to hang/fluff and I have to say that I don't think our wedding would have been the same without them.

Thanks to Create And Adorn this addition to our wedding was a perfect touch.

2. Personal Sign - From the first time I saw this sign I knew I needed to have it. Who doesn't want a killer custom piece of art that displays their married family name and the date they were married. I thought it was a very classy way to share our story in our own home. For the wedding we decided it would be a great addition to the gift table. At our venue the gift table was right as you came in to the ceremony (since there was only one location). It actually was a great way to clearly define the gift table and show off the amazing piece of art that now graces our first home together. What a perfect purchase. 

Thanks to MRC Wood Products we were able to make this a part of our wedding. It really is a great piece that can be used in our house for years to come. 

3. Wine Ceremony Kit - As a contrast to the traditional unity candle ceremony we elected to do a wine ceremony. During our wedding we mixed two glasses of different wines together and each took a sip to symbolize two distinct entities having become one. This was a great way to incorporate a traditional idea in a modern way that also featured our love of wine! 

Thanks to Jaclyn's Weddings we were able in incorporate this personal touch into our wedding ceremony. You can't really tell by the picture, but the carafes are labeled (Milea and Matt) and the large wine glass has our monogram and wedding date one it. 

4. Flower Girl Dresses  - I did not enjoy shopping for flower girl dresses. It was so hard to find a yellow dress that didn't look like something that belonged on Belle from beauty and beast. Lucky for me I found an incredible site for handmade dresses. The girls litterally looked like tutu fairies and I LOVED IT! 

Thanks to TheLittlePeaBoutique my nieces looked ADORABLE! 


5. Flower Girl Basket - I think a lot of people forget that Etsy doesn't just have stores for handmade items but also has many stores that carry vintage merchandise. Our vintage metal egg basket was the perfect modern looking flower girl basket for our special day. 

Thanks to Justyna Mrugala's adorable shop on Etsy we had the perfect flower girl basket. 
Photo adapted from Justnamrugala

6. Ring Bearer Pillow - There are MILLIONS of ring bearer pillows out there but I have to say that our custom pillow was an amazing addition to our wedding. The ability to choose our own fabric, colors, and ribbons helped make me feel like I wasn't just purchasing a mass produced pillow. Plus our ring bearer was SUPER cute (see above)! 

Thanks to Modern Shabby we were able to have an incredible ring bearer pillow that brought a perfect custom touch to our wedding day. 

I hope these ideas inspired you and I encourage you to take a minute to view the shops on Etsy that helped make our day so incredible. I can't wait to share the next installment of "My Etsy Wedding".

<3 The Boilers MJK

4 comments:

  1. Your wedding was so lovely! Thanks for sharing these great tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words about our special day! I hope you get back into the blogging world sometime soon! I sure do miss your posts!

      Delete
  2. I love all of these awesome touches that made your wedding so unique! Makes me want to get married all over again! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was all so beautiful! The picture of the Mr & Mrs. sign doesn't do it justice...it's covered in bling and so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete