Thursday, January 17, 2013

S'more Treats

Did you have a favorite cereal as a kid? What about a favorite special treat?

I used to be OBSESSED with Golden Grahams. I would make a bowl of them and let it sit in the milk while I got ready. Right before leaving the house I would devour the soggy cereal and then came the best part... drinking the sugary sweet milk. I don't know what it is about them but they are addicting.

I never really had a favorite sweet treat growing up (I am pretty impartial when it comes to deserts, I love them all). However, the hubby is not a huge desert fan but the one thing I have NEVER seen him pass up is S'more! I think he would eat them after every meal if he could. For someone who passes up basically every other dessert (except butterscotch pie) this says a lot!

Needless to say, when I found a way to make my husbands number one treat out of my favorite childhood cereal I had no choice to to try it. I don't know if you can even call it a recipe because it's so simple but here goes nothing.



Recipe from Chef In Training

1/4 Cup butter
1 10oz bag regular marshmallows
1 box Golden Grahams cereal
1 1/2 Cups mini semisweet chocolate chips

In a LARGE saucepan or skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir regularly until melted. Once the mixture appears smooth add cereal and turn off burner heat. Stir until well incorporated. Next stir in chocolate chips (they will melt a little).
**It's kind of hard to take pictures of mixing because it cools so fast, sorry there aren't more**

Spread into a greased 9X13 baking dish and allow to cool and serve or store.

I think the best thing about this is that you could easily add other things or adjust it. Personally, I think it could use a littler more marshmallow so I might suggest adding an extra cup of them to the mix. If you are a big dark chocolate lover this would be great with dark chocolate chips or even 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 butterscotch. The possibilities are endless.

I hope you enjoy! 
<3 The Boilers MJK


No comments:

Post a Comment