Monday, January 21, 2013

My Etsy Wedding (Part 2) - The Bride

I can't count how many times people have asked me about where I got all the ideas for the custom touches at our wedding. To be honest, most of them came from Etsy. I thought I would share links to the Etsy stores that we worked with to help make our wedding so full of personal touches!

For the second installment I will focus on aspects relating to the bride.

1. Bride Hanger - I have to admit that I purchased my own Mrs. Kammer hanger. I know, I know, you are supposed to let someone buy this for you but if you know me at all then you know that I am kind of a control freak and I really wanted one that was BLINGED OUT! 

Thanks to Emily's Emporium I was able to have my dream wedding dress hanger. I have to say this was one of my favorite touches that wasn't really seen by anyone but I loved knowing was there!

2. Garder Set - Similar to the ring bearer pillow I felt like there were millions of non-personal options for wedding garters. I was so thankful when I found a site that would make a garter just for me. Incorporating our colors and some vintage style my garters were perfect. 

Thanks to The Chica Boutique my garters were everything I could have dreamed of. 

3. Bridal Necklace - For as much of a planner as I am, it was only 3 weeks before my wedding that I realized I never found a necklace for the big day. After a few days of searching I found this AMAZING necklace and lucky for me it showed up THE day that we headed downtown for the weekend. It was truly the perfect touch. 

Thanks to Treasures570 I had the perfect gems for my wedding day. 

4. Hair Piece - As part of my bachelorette party my sister bought me an INCREDIBLE fascinator. After wearing it for the party weekend it didn't take me long to decide that I had to wear it for the big day! It was so freaking cute and I received a million complements on it. Another great personal touch. 

Thanks to Powder Blue Bijoux my wedding hair was dressed as well as I was. 

5. Honeymoon Tank - I think this was one of my favorite Etsy purchases. It was SO fun to walk around the airport on our way to Hawaii with an adorable tank top on that said BRIDE in rhinestones. I got tons on complements on it and our day was full of congratulatory comments and love! I think everyone should wear a BRIDE shirt when they are traveling to their honeymoon. 

Thanks to Prim and Proper Boutique I rocked an awesome look on our way to Hawaii. 

I hope you found these suggestions useful and I cannot wait to share the last 
two installments of My Etsy Wedding. 

<3 The Boilers MJK

2 comments: