Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chicken Hash

Sometimes I just want to experiment in the kitchen. This week I had one of those nights and the result was FANTASTIC. Do you have a collection of random marinades or dressings that are gathering dust in the pantry? I always do, so this week I decided to use one. My little sister recently moved to Vermont (I miss her bunches). She sent us some INCREDIBLE local dressing that was a maple and pepper sweet and sour sauce. Check it out at Sugar Daddy Maple Products. I never really knew what to do with it so I just took the plunge. I encourage you to repeat this recipe with a sweet and savory marinade that is hiding in your pantry just waiting to make your night!
Chicken Hash 

1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
1 bottle Marinade 
3 potatoes, diced into cubes 
1/4 onion, finely diced 
1/2 tablespoon paprika 
1 tablespoon parsley flake  
dash garlic powder 
salt pepper 
3 eggs 

Directions
Marinade chicken 4-6 hours, drain from marinade and cook in 2 Tbs. of oil at medium heat until cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Boil potatoes for 5 minutes then drain and transfer to the pan you just removed the chicken from. Add onions and dry seasonings and cook at medium high heat for 10 minutes (or until potatoes are cooked thru) Add a 1/3 cup of water after 5 minutes and stir regularly. Add chicken and push mixture to the side. Scramble 3 eggs in 1/2 the pan, combine into the mixture and enjoy. 

I hope this turns out as great for you as it did for me! I think adding some other veggies would be a great addition as well but we didn't really have anything but the onion on hand. Even if you have a marinade that wouldn't work in a hash recipe, I hope you will find this post to be the inspiration to use some of your pantry stock-pile.
(pair it with pasta, or rice, or whatever you think would go best with the marinades you have on hand)

~From our exploratory kitchen to yours~
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment